A village upgrading done by the Gemeente Batavia government. Improvements began to be systematically organized in 1922. To handle land owners who did not want to cooperate, the municipality issued a regulation that landowners who were "stubborn" are responsible for their own road repairs in accordance to the provisions of the government. Surely, reimbursement will be provided by the government. The first phase was carried out in 1922-1924 and the second phase in 1925-1927. In the second stage, in 1929 received subsidies from the central government. In the gemeente government plan per January 1, 1930, the villages which still had to be improved reached 135 Ha of state villages and 406 Ha of particular villages with a cost of f 2,200,000.